Silica Training Events:
Discover What it Takes
You’ve heard about OSHA’S new silica law and realize there could be huge costs for not complying. But where do you begin? What is actually at stake? What are the requirements you must meet to fully comply? In our Silica Training Events, we help break it down into 7 steps so you can understand what you need to do to be legal. Watch for events coming to a distributor near you!Call (717) 983-3878
EVENT: Contractor’s Guide to OSHA Respirable Crystalline Silica Standard
Classroom instruction will include an explanation of Table 1 and Table 2 requirements, exposure monitoring under Table 2, writing a silica safety plan, and training competent persons for on-the-job compliance. A hands-on demonstration will include 3 methods of engineering controls for silica dust, including wet cutting, central dust collector systems, and saws with integrated dust control.
Copy of OSHA’s Small Entity Compliance Guide.
Copy of Written Control Plan for use as a template.
7 Step Action Plan to become compliant with the silica standard.
Resource Guide for silica sampling and lab analysis for exposure to silica.
Required 1 hour training of Hazard Communication for respirable silica.
- Develop a silica safety plan for their company
- Determine whether Table 1 or Table 2 compliance is best for their company
- Designate a competent person for their jobsite
- Analyze a laboratory test report for respirable silica exposure.
- Conduct Hazard Communication training for crew members not present for presentation (all crew members are required to have 1 hour of training)
There are no current classes being offered, but you can start our free training today!